Just a short post. Baby Andrea just took four steps for the first time last night. I have attached a video, (which also included her showing off for rusty, and her dancing on the top of the old microwave).
Yesterday we went to the castle Nijo-jo . It was very beautiful (albeit in a different way than European castles.) The first thing to strike me was the massive thickness of the surrounding walls. It was truly cyclopean in construction. The castle itself was very comfortable feeling. The rooms were reasonably sized, the castle was warm, the floor was smooth, and the walls were painted with beautiful paintings of animals and scenery. One pattern that we have discovered in Japan is that everything burns down. If you go to a historic site and read the history of it, it will have burned down. Probably it will have burned down multiple times. You would stand the same chance as a blind rat has in a room full of pumas to find a historic site in japan that has not burned down. If you did, it is probably under water. Nijo-jo castle burned down, and then was replaced by another castle from a completely different part of Japan. They moved the whole castle. My guess is that the enti...
We missed three weeks this time, so I am going to try and remember the things that happened throughout pretty much all of October. One thing that we have been doing is struggling to keep up in our family "A Night in the Lonesome October" reading. We do it pretty much every year, but a chapter a night is sometimes a hard pace to keep up with. Alison has been sick for quite a while, but she is finally feeling better. She has gotten horrible colds every winter ever since high school, but when we started masking during Covid, she stopped getting them! She's been very happy about that, but apparently it stopped working, because she got the exact same symptoms she always does. She was in bed for almost a week, and felt pretty bad for another week, but she's mostly better now. She is blaming the fact that the kids no longer wear their masks. They were quite upset with how sick she was, so maybe they will be more willing to mask again. The kids had fall break while Alison w...
Last week was an interesting one. I learned about a special deal that Artscow was offering that would allow me to print my cards up and see what they would look like (however they would all have identical backs, and that is not something that I really want) I considered that for a few days, but I think that I will hold off for a bit longer. I want to make sure that Ryan doesn't give me a lot of feedback that will change the game right after I get a printing made. I got to see Ryan on Saturday in between sessions of general conference (I loved Uchdorf's talks. They were both great). I dropped off a copy of the game with him (hopefully he gives some good feedback, and comes up with ways to simplify the game.) I played some games of Loot with various family members. It was fairly popular. I like the team aspect of it (4 vs 4 is super fun), but the randomness of the deal is a little annoying (there is the possibility of getting all merchant ships, and you can't ...
Comments
Post a Comment