Arbitrary information

This weekend we had a ward camp-out. It was pretty fun. Friday we went up to 'big cottonwood canyon' and set up our tents. They provided hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner, and then we talked for a while. I played a 'angry bear' game with the little kids where I was a bear and hid some honey and then went to sleep. They stole my honey, and then I chased them around angrily until someone gave me more honet to appease me. In the evening we brought out marshmallows (apparently we were the only ones in the ward to bring them) and shared them with all of the kids. Since we use only 5 marshmallows total (out of a 1 lb bag) it was a good deal. If we don't find some way of getting rid of marshmallows they just go stale.

Sara slept well (Andrea kept us up this time :), and breakfast in the morning was great. We came home before noon, and took a nap. We went over to the Sumption (if that is spelled correctly) residence and picked up some old firewood to add to our pile in the car port. They are also going to be giving us some old oats as goat food.

It looks like we are getting really serious about goats. We have recently found a source of free chickens (you can't have goats without chickens) in limited quantities. Apparently goats are affected by pestilential invaders which chickens eat. We are starting to turn our shed into a goat house (which is way worse than a dog house), and we are figuring out how to fence off our yard so that the goats don't eat our garden. we hope to be completely ready by fall because that is the time of year that goats are the cheapest.

If we get one dwarf goat (for dwarf milk - a necessary ingredient in dwarf cheese) and one big goat we will have (according to Swee's calculations) ~3 gallons of milk a week. This will give us some extra for cheese & yogurt making and to share with family members.

I used some birthday money and ordered the proper bacteria to make Butterkase. Hopefully it arrives before Saturday so that I can try to make one this weekend.

On Friday I had new ideas that I think will really help the trading aspect of Polynesia. I was really trying to not come up with any changes since I got my physical cards printed, but this idea is super good. I will probably tweak it for balance for a while, and then do a second printing some time (I have to reprint cause of the color issues anyway, so it is not like this is such a bad thing).

We made stuffed zucchini for dinner yesterday, and it was pretty good. We put kosher pork sausage, peppers, mushrooms, 2 home made cheeses, and some weird grain that we found in Winco (millet?).

Final note: we have stake conference this Saturday @ 7. If anyone wants to watch Andrea and Sara then, email me. First to reply gets the chance :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins