The weekend


This last week I had 3 other people request copies of my game (bringing the total to 9.) No-one has given me any feedback about playing it yet, but hopefully that will come soon.

I also got a message (on the same website) from a guy in New Zealand who requested me to sell my copy of "First Strike" to him. First strike is a WWIII war game about the cold war becoming a hot war. It was printed in Utah, and I found a copy of it at a thrift store. I played it a few times (I think with Andy and Scott), but it was pretty boring, and took much longer than it should have for the strategic depth that it had.

I told him that I was likely to never play it again as I didn't like it, but that did not deter him. I priced shipping, and told him that it would cost over $40 to ship it, but he still wanted the game. I mailed it late last week (since he really wanted it). Hopefully he gets some enjoyment out of it.

This weekend was General Conference, which I spent with my parents. We had a fun time, and the messages that were given were really good. I especially like President Eyring's talk during the priesthood session.

In between conference sessions we played games, and I got in a total of: 6 games of 'Banish the beast' (2 2 player, 1 5 player, and 3 4 player), 2 games of Loot (4 player), 2 games of Galaxy Trucker (4 players), and 2 games of Dominion + Intrigue (5 and 3 players). Since I have external people playtesting Polynesia, I didn't play any games of it locally (If we found anything that I wanted to change it would perhaps invalidate the remote games).

For those who have not heard of Banish the Beast (probably almost all of you) it is a small fast game perfect for a 5 minute break in between other games, or when you are waiting for someone to arrive so that you can start a bigger game.

In Banish the Beast you all take the part of the regent of a country that is infested with monsters. You want to send your monsters to the neighboring kingdoms so that you can have some peace and quiet.

You start with three monsters, and through careful planning you could fairly easily get rid of all of them. Unfortunately all of the other kingdoms are trying to pawn their monsters off on you, and so you don't have the time to plan carefully. Slap down your monsters in a speed imperative turn based game, and try to outwit your opponents into accepting all of your monsters while gaining none of their own.

It is pretty fun. What is more interesting - it is free. Print it off and cut it out. It only takes a few minutes.

Finally, work is moving forward on my modified Polynesia card layouts. Hopefully when I am done, people like them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins