Vitruvian Robot


It has been an interesting last few days. Alison, Andrea, and apparently a lot of other people in the Brown side of the family got sick on Tuesday. They were all throwing up repeatedly. Apparently Sal (a guy from college who played games with me (Mike Hendrick's room mate) who also happened to marry my cousin) got it from his work and didn't come down with symptoms until after the dinner. On Thursday night I even fell ill, and felt awful for most of the weekend (though I didn't throw up).

I had been eating home made goat yogurt daily, so perhaps the bacteria in the yogurt gave me my super power which protected my stomach from the invaders for as long as it did, and made me not throw up.

I noticed a spot of mold on a derby that we are about to open up. I cut it off and since I _accidentally_ cut too much I sampled the excess. I am really looking forward to the 22nd when we open this cheese for real. :)

I have been working on the symbology and balance of dancing robots a lot recently. I even had this crazy idea of making a picture of a Vitruvian Robot (see Vitruvian Man if the image doesn't do anything for you).
I heavily copied shapes off of other people's* Vitruvian Robots in the crafting of my own (since I am no artist), so I can't really claim to be the true author of the entire image.

I spent way too long on this, and there is no way that I could put it on the final cards because I copied a fair amount in making it. If anyone likes drawing robots, and wants to make some quick sketches for me feel free to drop me a line.

I have also been making symbols for the game so that I can keep this one an entirely symbol based game. So far only three cards will have to have words. That is way better than Polynesia.

I have been disputing with SuperiorPOD about the cards that I ordered from them in November. They haven't arrived yet. I have been using paypal as the arbitrator (since SuperiorPOD has not been responding to emails), and after so long I am planning on filing a claim if they can't get me my cards by next week.

They (SuperiorPOD) produce good products, but they always take longer to arrive than they should (or at least they have always taken longer to arrive for me than I thought that they should). I can't really recommend them any more, and I won't be using their services in the future.

Also, I have been trying to come up with a symbol that means Break Dancing. This is surprisingly hard. So far the best I can come up with is someone doing the coffee grinder. 

*Specifically, the shape of the humanoid arms and the left leg are copied from a design by John Peter Exton. The ends of the tentacles are from Captain RibMan. The middle of the pincer arms are from strk3, and the shape of the right foot and the head is from oO-sam-Oo (though I heavily modified both of those). The torso is copied from here, though I can't figure out the original artist's tag.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins