2 for the price of 1

Apparently we forgot to write last week. This post will cover both weeks.

Last week everyone got better from their sicknesses (except Gideon, who was still a little bit sick, but also much better). By now he is pretty much the rest of the way better.

Last week and this week we wrapped Christmas presents. We have a few more to wrap, but we are mostly done.

Mike has been working on the rule books of his games in anticipation of sending them in to the Ion Award again. Hopefully he gets them done in time. If anyone wants to help, feel free to volunteer.

The 3d printer has been broken for a long time, but last Saturday I fixed it, so it is working again.

Alison has begun doing Montessori again (for the past two weeks). They have been doing it pretty much every day, and are enjoying it a lot.

The kids watched a few episodes of My Little Ponies as Sara's date, and then they were all terrified (except Timmy). Sara won't go to the bathroom by herself since then, which is really annoying, so they are banned from watching My Little Ponies for a while.

Since we were all better from our sicknesses, the kids played with friends and went to playgroup quite a few times, and enjoyed it a lot.

Tuesday I went to my BGDG meeting. I played a game that a different member of the group made. It was pretty fun. Next meeting I get to present my own game.

This Wednesday we watched (according to Timmy) "a movie about my underwear and my dogs on my underwear". Alison found some cheap underwear at target which had characters from "paw patrol" on it, so when Timmy learned that it was also a TV show, he was super excited. The kids all loved it.

On this Friday Alison, Dan, and I watched Rogue 1. It was pretty fun. I liked the robot the best, but the blind monk was also fun (even if he was stereotypical.) Alison really enjoyed how well it was tied into the next movie, even if the alliance was horribly incompetent.

Saturday we babysat Max and Petra (we traded baby sitting so that both couples could watch the movie.) They were pretty well behaved. Petra wouldn't talk until we put all of the other kids to bed.

Friday we made egg nog, and Saturday we made fudge. We made both chocolate mint and peanut butter, so we are pretty much all fudged out by now.

This week we also thought about getting an electric car. There are a bunch for about $7500, which seem like they would pay for themselves in about 10 years (if they work about as well as my current car). It might be shorter if they need fewer repairs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins