Thief!

Yesterday evening I got off the bus and walked toward the place where I parked my bike. I didn't notice that something was amiss until I unlocked my bike, and saw that the knit cap that I use as a seat cover had been stolen.

Since the average temperature this week is in the 90s, I have to assume that the thief didn't actually need the hat. It had been sitting on my bike seat for almost a year, so I would also assume that the thief did not think: 'that is a nice looking hat... I want it'. The hat couldn't have fallen off - it has never fallen off before, and is very securely attached (sometimes I check it to see if it is still attached well). I doubt that the thief knew me and had a personal vendetta against me, so that leaves one thing that I can think of.

The theft must have been a random act of maliciousness. Probably some teenage kid thought that it would be funny if I came back and my hat was gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins