Little Cheese Sandwiches

Over the weekend I finally finished assembling the motorized bike. My dad had the muffler bent, and I attached it without much trouble (Though I needed to bend it a little bit more with a improvised mallet to get it to fully clear the pedal arm).

After attaching the muffler, I tried to figure out how to start the bike up, but I can't seem to disengage the clutch. In order to start the bike up you have to pedal down the street with the clutch disengaged, and once you are going fairly quickly you engage it and it should push start the engine, but with the engine connected to the drive train all the time, getting up to speed would be impossible.

I will fiddle around with it more this upcoming week - There must be something that I missed.

We now have a good crop of volunteer trees growing up in our back yard. Soon we will look at their positions and decide which ones to cull and which ones to save. It will be cool to have a shaded back yard.

We also bought some butterfly bushes (Which I named 'false lilac' before I learned their real name) for the front yard. We will be planting them in the front border of the yard, and filling in more rocks around them. They are a low water plant, and it looks like we are going to be zeroscaping the front yard, and growing a forest in the back. (Google wants to spell correct zeroscaping to kneecapping, so perhaps we will do that too.)

The Genetic algorithm is coming along nicely. I have successfully gotten it to produce genetically viable individuals, and now I am testing to see what minimum population size/number of generations it would take to generate individuals that are really viable. Once I have done that I will have to figure out how to train my neural network in order to benefit from all of the data that I am sure to collect.

Since I started (and greatly disliked) a novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley recently, I decided to read something completely different. I started reading Cromartie High School again (It is pretty funny if you like that type of humor).

Sheila and Scott watched Andrea  on Friday so that we could go to see 'The Man of La Mancha'. It was the first time (in my recollection) that Andrea has been watched by a non-grandparent, but apparently things went really well.

The play was a good play, but not even remotely similar to the book (That is untrue - there were multiple characters that had the same name, and the character Sancho was pretty accurately portrayed). In my mind, Don Quixote was supposed to be a individual who has some pretty bad mental problems, and thinks that he is a knight, and fights practically everybody (getting beat up a lot). The moral of the story is that fantasy novels will rot your mind (the same way that Mike TV in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' is supposed to show you that TV will rot your mind) and that it is sinful to read them.

Now don't get me wrong - I thought the play was good. It is just that it was not really the same story as the book.

On another note - Andrea is now going to nursery without any trouble. She told us 'Nursery a little sad', but she still goes and has (according to the teachers (whom I home teach)) a good time.

We made some brownies (attempting to substitute other ingredients for eggs) which ended up like lava rocks. They still taste good, but they are brittle and full of holes. We also made an entire sheet of no-bake cookies (which turned out well).

Finally, I have been making little open faced melted cheese sandwiches out of a home mode Baguette and all sorts of cheeses. I just did the math, and we have 2 home made, and 4 store bought types of cheese in our refrigerator right now. Each sandwich has only one type of cheese on it, but since they are cracker size, you can make and eat ten no problem. The best so far is a tie between the pepper cheddar, and the bree.

Comments

  1. Did you try applesauce as an egg substitute? I'm told by a vegan friend it works well.

    Also, I have babysat Andrea before (I recall for sure when Katie received her endowments). She's always a good girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins