Innovation

Apparently jet lag from Japan to the US is worse than the reverse (that or the fact that I have been staying up late reading (even though I know that I shouldn't be)).

Being back is good, though. Sara and Andrea are adjusting to being back with the family again and we are getting back into the swing of things.

I recently discovered androminion, a android phone version of dominion which you can play against bots. The bots are pretty dumb, but it is fairly fun if you have a few minutes to kill.

My Haskell neural network has run into some problems. When I try to train it with too many training examples all at once it runs into stack overflows. I need to figure out how to convince the Haskell compiler to compile my training algorithm to not use recursion (which is apparently possible, just not entirely easy to do).

I have been really tempted to rewrite the NN in C# so that I can just get it to master tic tac toe and move on to Polynesia or Dancing Robots, but I really would like to figure out what I am doing wrong. Perhaps I should try out an IRC channel.

I have also discovered Innovation recently. It is an interesting game. It feels very luck dependent right now, but I am sure that a player with enough skill could win quite a bit more than they lose. When I play against random people on Isotropic I almost always lose (so that tells me that I haven't yet figured out the strategy).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins