The Whirlwind

I haven't written for three weeks... Life is like a hurricane.

I made two more 2 lb cheeses - a gouda and a derby. Both seemed to go well - I suppose we will find out in a few months when they age properly.

We went down to a local greengrocer before Christmas to get some green beans, and the cashier convinced us to buy some locally made pepperoni. It is very tasty. we have added it to our home made pizza (with fetazarella and our own tomato sauce (made from dried tomatoes that someone in our family grew - we dried tomatoes from a lot of sources this fall)) It ended up very good. Baby Andrea would say 'Pzz' (which is definitely pizza, and not please) and ask for more.

She has also recently decided that everyone who is not visible to her at the moment is asleep. This can be amusing. If she is talking about someone who is asleep she will also hush people (hold her finger up and say shhh) and then sign sleep with a grave face (not that she is quiet herself). Here are some pictures we took in 2011.

I have played more UnNethack since my last post. I still have not beat it. The developer has added some new nasty monsters, and thus some promising characters have been lost to my ignorance. I have yet to find (in any game) a ring of slow digestion (one thing that I have always had in every game of Nethack that I ascended.) The big thing that hurts me (other than the new monsters) is the lack of magical wishes. I have found many magic lamps, but mundane items that are worth wishing for are few and far between, so I have mostly just saved them (I had three in one game). Additionally, the rng keeps giving me multiple bags of holding, but not many other items from an ascension kit. (again, I had three on game). One time I did, however rob One Eyed Sam, and that was a beautiful thing.

The bike is nearly finished - I have to install the last two parts, and then I will be able to take it for a test run. Here's to hoping that it works :)

Also, Katie Poulson just got married, which is sad because now she is a newly wed, and will no longer play Willow the board game with me :(.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins