The Weekend of Ill-Health


Early last week I mailed out another set of playtest copies of Polynesia. I didn't get a ton of feedback from the last set I mailed, but perhaps this time will be better.

The girls have been sick recently, and Friday I even fell ill. I usually don't get sick, but apparently being in close contact with three sick people was enough to push me over the edge. I ended up with a sinus headache, a fever, and general tiredness.

By Sunday I was feeling fairly well, but Andrea had a fever, pink eye, _and_ an ear infection, so we kept her home from church. It was pretty miserable.

We had a visit from Mom and Dad. They came over and dropped off food and treats since we were sick. It was nice, and Andrea is doing better today. (I am feeling much better myself.)

During the weekend I coded a small program that generates mazes that are topologically similar to 'Rogue' levels. I am thinking of making another card game - this one based on Nethack and other roguelikes. You will draw tiles from a pool of tiles and place them down on the table to build each level of the dungeon. You try to get to the bottom of the dungeon and retrieve some artifact thing and get it back to the surface. There will be more to the game than just building the dungeon, but I don't yet know what. It will probably be a cooperative game, though. I imagine that you will be fighting monsters and dying all the time and stuff. It wouldn't be Roguelike any other way ;)

We also made fudge this last week. It always comes in such a big pan that we can never eat it all. I brought some to work today. Hopefully it is gone by the end of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins