In which there are no exploding bananas

Last Saturday we went to my work party. It was super hot, but they provided us with free tiger blood snow cones, so we were ok. The girls liked the swimming pools and the pony rides, and the parents liked watching the kids have fun.

They gave us some fireworks at the party which will come up later.

Now, this week all that we did (says Alison) was go swimming and try to keep the house clean.

My Kickstarter campaign started on Monday and I have been managing it fairly actively. I have 15 backers and have $240 pledged (of a $40 goal) at this point in time. If no new pledges were made from here until the time that the campaign ended I would be happy since I am already going to have to make more than 90 counters (which will take some time.)

I am glad that the campaign has been quite successful.

On Friday I had the day off and so we hiked with the Poulsons up in Albion Basin (up Catherine's pass.) We made it to the little stream and then turned back (because the kids were done). It was beautiful weather and the flowers were just starting to bloom (That is where Alison and I took our engagement photos, so we really like it).

After the hike was done we all went back to our house and had the Poulsons over for a barbecue. We had hamburgers, corn on the cob, lemonade, and watermelon. The grill did not even blow up. Grandpa Craig got to harvest some honey from his bees, so they must be doing well.

Saturday we stayed at home and I worked on my 3d printer (I installed a new glass bed and printed 10 counters in the expectation that I would have to eventually do that for this kickstarter campaign). Rea gave me a 4th of July present: hand drawn game cards. They have whales and people and various other things on them. It was very sweet of her.

Saturday night we ate dinner with my parents and siblings. We celebrated 2 months of birthdays (there were a surprising number of them). It was fun.

After the dinner we went to my parent's house and lit off fireworks. It was fun. Each kid got to pick a big roman candle and then an adult would light it for them. I used up all of the fireworks from my work and also all of the ones that everyone else brought.

I invented (as always) new fireworks for this show (this time it was a tree of sparklers made by sticking them all in a crack in the road. It was really bright when they were all going off at the same time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins