What is kefir-juice anyway (baby don't hurt me)?

This week Timmy has been standing independently quite a bit. He really likes doing it. He is still not walking, but it has to be coming soon. He is really proud about it.

On Monday I printed up a larger twist counter to see if I could display 40 numbers on a twist counter. It took two tries to get something usable, but that is way less than the 20ish tries I had to do for the smaller ones.

On Wednesday we had a Sandy Board Game Design group meeting. It was fun. We played three games (one of which was a possible sequel to Above and Below (Which Alison and I both liked quite a bit)). Ryan liked my "Sorcery, Inc." game enough to offer to co-design it with me (which is really exciting since he is a game publisher, which makes me believe that if we can make it finalized then it will probably be published).

On Thursday I found out that my work was going to be moving to a new building one day early. That meant that I had to pack up all my stuff and get out one day early.

On Friday, since the movers were moving all of the stuff at work I had to work from home. Since it was the 24th of July we went to the Poulson's house to have a barbecue. I worked in the basement until 'lunch' time learning Polymer 1.0. I made this website for the kickstarter people to use to make counter inserts. For lunch we had hamburgers and such. Once it was 5 we went back home to milk the goats.

Friday night we had a game night with the Reeders (a family from our ward). We played Acquire, Council of Verona, and Dead Drop. We ended way too late, but fun was had by all.

Saturday we sold a bunch of things on KSL and had people come and pick them up. We also acquired some bonus chickens that we are watching for a while. They are getting along marginally well with our chickens, but one of them was apparently an escape artist and the owners couldn't catch it. It has also evaded our repeated attempts to catch it by not being in their back yard. We don't know what to do about that.

For lunch Rea asked if we could have pancakes and offered to cook them herself. Sara's helped Rea to mix up the batter and I cooked them. They ended up very good.

Saturday morning we started a brie. It went fairly well, however it seems to have been a bit firmer than expected.
Rea made a list of things we wanted to bring with us

Saturday afternoon we cleaned up the house and then moved Timmy's bed to the toy room (where the kids now will all sleep). We set up a table for the adults and the kids in the new den. Now if I work from home ever again I will have a 'desk' to work on.

We also opened the Havarti from this post. We opened it almost exactly 3 months from the day we made it, so it should have been perfect, but it was pretty strong. It was amazingly creamy and smooth, however, so we might try it again and just open it sooner.
Saturday night we all cleaned the kids' room. It looked pretty clean for all of a few hours.

Sara has started narrating her actions like she is in a book. She also likes Cinderella quite a bit and loses a shoe, makes me find it and then marry her every single day when I come home from work.

Sunday we set up chairs before church. Church went well, and when we came home we had a pretty bad nap. We made our new favorite dessert: Kefir-Juice Ice Cream, which may or may not be just what it sounds like. It was tasty anyway.

Recipe:

2 cups Kefir, 1 can frozen juice, sugar to taste and mix in ice cream mixer thinger. Makes 2 cups and one can of strongly flavored ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins