Mandelbrot Set Viewer light

I talked with the guys at GitHub, and they were able to tell my why the GitHub page that I tried to post wasn't working. (It was a problem on their end apparently)

So, without further ado: Javascript Mandelbrot Set viewer

I am using the HTML 5 Canvas element to draw on, and web-workers to do the actual work.

You can download/view the code from here.

The page doesn't store state between loads, and I have not made it very fancy, but you can set certain parameters (x, y, z are pretty obvious, m is the max iterations, s is the number of threads, and when g is set to 0 it actually draws the image (otherwise it just politely sits there))

Left clicks redraw the whole image and middle clicks zoom in on the current image center.

There are probably huge memory leaks (when I test it I crash chrome about half the time), and it probably is not written very well, but it runs fast, and it was thrown together over the course of a few days.

I might clean it up and make it better, but that depends on whether I make time to do it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins