An offhand announcement for the uninitiated

I got a new debit card, and this time they set the PIN for me to a random number. I didn't want to memorize it, however I have been reading Mind Performance Hacks recently, so I decided to try out the Dominic system. This is easier said than done, since the first step is to make 100 character/action combos up so that you can easily memorize any number of digits. Here is my current list of characters and actions. It is still a work in progress. I did, however, memorize the number while I was working up my list :).

This week Alison has been feeling much less sick from her cold, but her morning sickness* has been pretty bad. She spent a lot of time feeling nauseous. We spent most of the time trying to keep up. It is fortunate that we made all of those freezer meals a few months ago because all of the cleaning + all of the cooking is a huge thing.

Times like these make me appreciate all of the work that Alison does every day even more than I already did.

Rea has been a big help through all of this. It is nice to see her trying to take care of Timmy, and serving them all oranges that she cut up herself. If Rea grows up to be a chef, her signature dish will include oranges (1, 2).

Sara has been taking advantage of Alison being sick, and has been playing on Starfall way more than she is supposed to. She is getting much better at reading as a result of this, so it isn't all bad. Hopefully her math skills are also increasing too.

Timmy has begun to play that he got bit by random things. Sometimes it is toy jaguars, but sometimes it is muffins. His imagination is growing every day. He also likes to pretend that he is cooking things. One day I gave him a muffin (Alison has been craving muffins this week. What can I do, but make muffins a lot?) and he put it into a pan and 'cooked' it with a cinnamon shaker and a knife. He then served it to Sara (who ate it with relish (the mannerism, not the condiment)).

On Friday we baby sat for Max and Petra. The kids all had a fun time and they were good, so it was pretty fun. Petra was so sad to go to bed that I just held her until Scott and Sheila came back (she is always so happy for us that it was quite weird to have her crying). She ate a bunch of cereal and was so cute. I made Max an anchor with the 3d printer. Hopefully he hasn't gotten into trouble with it :).

Saturday and Sunday was General Conference. It was really good. My favorite part was the Priesthood session. I felt like multiple talks were directed personally at me. We had Sheila and Scott and Caitlin over for the priesthood session. Sal went with his father and came over after. The girls had pizza and girl talk. The guys went out to a Chinese restaurant after the session was over. It was fun.

I have also finished re-reading Fine Structure (Sam just posted a chronological version of the chapters, which made reading the stories much different). I want to make a game based on The Script. It would have to be a game with a big tech tree.

Speaking of games, my work on Micronesia is coming along nicely. Now I just need some play-testing. Hopefully Alison is not so sick some time soon.

*If you missed this, it is because we just announced it at General Conference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The marshmallow cream trainwreck

In which we blacken someone's name

Not Penguins